Saturday, March 19, 2011

Gluten Free German Pancakes

My awesome gluten-free brother sent me this recipe. He got it from withasmile.wordpress.com, but we've adjusted it a bit to our liking. For gluten-free, this is quite good! As with all my gluten-free recipes, I still suggest normal white flour/wheat flour if you can tolerate gluten! This doesn't compare to the norm. But it definitely beats no german pancakes:)


INGREDIENTS:

6 large eggs
1/2 cup Gluten Free Flour
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk (this can be substituted with soy, rice, etc)
2 TBS butter, room temp
1 TBS coconut oil

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a 9x11 cake pan.

Beat eggs in blender until they are thick and fluffy (a couple minutes). Add flour, salt, and milk and mix until blended. Blend in butter and coconut oil.

Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned.

*If you don't have coconut oil, you could just add another tablespoon of butter. I try to get as little dairy in as possible, that's why I used coconut oil instead of butter.

No comments: